Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I've read today...

Praise the LORD!!!
I've just finished reading today's news release from FEMA. In it they talk about giving gifts of preparedness for Christmas. Though this may sound corny, it isn't. For there are probably more disasters during the holiday season then at any other time of year. I don't know the stats on this, but from experience, I'd say its a safe bet to say so. Sure they may not be of major proportion, but they still are emergencies in someone's life.
There is never a time that one should not be prepared for whatever may happen. In today's society, we've become far to complacent. "That couldn't happen to me" or "that's why we have emergency services." Come on people! Each and everyone of us needs to be prepared for whatever could and may happen within our lives. It's truly not that hard to set up a plan and gather the things that could really prosper you in and emergency!
There was a time in my life when you could of called me a crazy survivalist and not been that far off! (this was before CHRIST found me) I'd grown up as a Boy Scout, with the motto of "Be Prepared, " and it had carried over into my early adulthood. I begun to see that society was in sad shape and really couldn't be trusted to look after my personal well being, at anytime, let alone an emergency. I'd witnessed first hand several floods in the general area in which I had grownup and witnessed how emergency services were greatly lacking in that which they could do to protect everyone in any given area. Though these services have greatly improved, they're still lacking when it comes to the quick and efficient deployment of emergency services into every area which faces a sudden need. Most likely, they never will be, there are just to many variables that need to be covered and they're far under staffed and funded!
This is why each one of us has a duty to be prepared to help ourselves when the need arises. If we've a family, this becomes even more important and should be examined in greater detail. It really doesn't take much thinking to realize these facts are true and something that needs to be considered by every adult in the nation.
Check out the links page at our website and use these sites to start with, but investigate a plan of action and the needed items that it would take to be prepared for most emergencies. It is recommended that you build these for a 72 hr. period, but truthfully I like to extend this to a full week! Remember, I rode through an almost direct hit by Rita in '05' and it was almost a full week before any relief became available. If you never use these plans and supplies, count it a blessing, but if you do ever need them you'll call them an even bigger blessing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment