Thursday, December 10, 2009

Doing whatever I can...

Praise the LORD!!!
   Though not able to help at this time, due to lack of funding, I'm doing whatever I can to help those in need, both physically and spiritually. Truly this should be the stance of all those that call JESUS both LORD and SAVIOR! There are thousands of organizations out there that are crying out for help. Whether through donations or physical assistance. Why is this?
   Even though I can't help through donations or physically going to help, I am spending my time online drawing as much attention to their causes as possible. Through blogging, clipping and amplifying, starting up fundraisers, whatever, I'm putting the time and effort into doing it. I could be spending my time playing games or watching videos, or maybe just reading or listening to music. But I'm not!
   As CHRIST is my LORD and SAVIOR I just can't sit back and watch the world go by. I've got to do something. I've been working on VCM now for twelve years now and am still doing it all by myself. Not one person has caught the dream and vision of a Christian helps ministry that truly brings the glory of CHRIST to the front of all they do. Not just a "self' named ministry, like so many today, but one that has CHRIST at its heart and in the center of all that it does and represents.
   Years back when I first brought VCM to the internet, I began asking the big 'self' named ministries tor assistance in any way possible. Of about thirty that I contacted, only one responded with any substantial action. This ministry responded with over $300 worth of their books and teaching tapes. Not that much, but better than the rest and I'm very thankful for them, though they've been lost by the wayside through my travels. Most of the others, though considered "Mega" ministries, just offered up their prayers for the ministry and me. If I could run my Bible programs and enter this at the same time I'd give you the verses that call this a sin before GOD, but I can't. Look it up, if you even have to, but it isn't right when we can help others when they ask and don't.
   In VCM's first newsletter, last months, the 'Modern day Parable' was a true story. This happened to me on my first attempted trip down here. All the events show that the church and Christians of today focus more on their own needs instead of those needs of their 'neighbors.' In the name of JESUS this has to stop!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment