Sunday, August 18, 2013

Four years ago...

Praise the LORD!!!
 
   You can thank a Christian brother(and the LORD) for this next little piece :{)))

As the title suggest, it has to do with "Four years ago,"  and "Yes, it does."
This friend's post brought up the subject of  "obedience" and then the LORD hit me with what I was doing on a morning just like this "Four years ago."

   You see, I was sitting on the side of a major county road in Kentucky, just south of Caneyville, with a blown out knee; 90 lb. duffle bag and a one year old shepherd/wolf pup. At this time(12:30 PM), I'd been there for about two hours already and the "church" attendees would be on their way home about now.  I figured that if there were any chance of me getting some assistance, it'd be now!!!

   LORD, was I surprised !!! I watched for the next three hours, as vehicle after vehicle went by. Many glancing in my direction, yet the only tail lights I saw, were from those slowing down for the corner at the bottom of the hill.

   Now, what does this have to do with "Obedience"??? Plenty!!! Just how many of those "church" goers had the LORD "suggest" to them that they should stop and render assistance??? How many just blew it off ??? Or how many started the ol' "I've got to do this(and that)... ??? You most likely have made the "excuses" before. Most likely "MANY" times before!!! I surely know I have :{)))

   Well folks. That right there has to deal with "OBEDIENCE" big time and there isn't a single one of us that hasn't flubbed up when it comes to it!!! We're so intent on living our own(selfish, little) lives, that we plain ol' overlook, play deaf and dumb when it comes to OBEYING the LORD's still quiet voice. There is but one way to overcome this deficit and this is>>> MUCH TIME SPENT ON HUMBLE KNEES

No comments:

Post a Comment