Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A "VineNotes" Ministry Newsletter(of sorts)

Praise the LORD!!!
   As the title says, this is a Vine of CHRIST Ministries "VineNotes" update. "Of sorts," because truly there hasn't been much going on within the ministry. It's formation and set up procedures are basically at a stand still.

   Considering the amount of time that has transpired since the last newsletter(?) many would of given up and given in to the temptation of seeking after another means of glorifying GOD within their life. My focus now, is stronger then ever, though not very much along the actual lines of the ministry are getting done. But the LORD has shifted me to an almost steady task of posting devotionals, studies, readings and other Christian content online within the social media sphere. Most like many of you're familiar with these posting, since the bulk of the readers of this blog are followers on one of these sites :{)))

   Over the years of my Christian walk, since Jan. 7, 1995, I've had many of these periods(plateaus) within my life. Those time periods where there seems that little is being accomplished to grow and expand the KINGDOM of GOD. Friends, it is these times within our walk that GOD is allowing us to relax and grow in HIS grace, learning to be patient and await HIS perfect timing for that which is to come. A reason for the ministry's by line of "for such a time as this."

   We, as self willed beings, very often tend to think of all things being within our control and if it's going to get done, we've got to do it. One thing I've learned well over these years, is that there is NO BETTER time- then GOD's time. For over the years I've stepped out on my own, in my own strengthens and ideas, to only fall flat on my face, or run into a brick wall :{))) Most of the time, that wall or ground into which I've found myself, was the LORD's hand, gently catching me or putting the brakes on for me!!! An sure as can be, there was a lesson thru chastisement to shortly follow, with it's object lesson to learn buried within it :{)))

   Now, you may be wondering what all that has been said, has anything to do with the LORD's ministry for me??? The fact is, EVERYTHING!!! For when one gives their life totally to the LORD, forsaking all to follow HIM, every single detail becomes a part of their cross, their burden to shoulder. The ministry, I know is is good hands, HIS hands. It's growth, again HIS hands. The days will come when this break from labors(HIS) comes to and end and the ministry will break forth from it's seed pod and sprout into a glorious vine it is meant too. Until that time, I'll continue to be obedient and await HIS perfect timing!!!

GOD bless and good day,
Rev. Marshall Barth
Vine of CHRIST Ministries

ps: and when it does, there will be places for many, many wholehearted believers that seek only to glorify the precious and holy name of JESUS!!!!!!! !!!!!!! !!!!!!! So, why not be in prayer and see if you're one???

2 comments:

  1. Great article, Marshall! I too believe in waiting for God's timing. I know what He wants me to do - as well as what He already has me doing - but, like you, He has put the brakes on momentarily. His will and not ours! And when the time comes, He will make it happen and with blessings abundant! Patience. It's one of the hardest things known to mankind! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PTL!!! Oh the ol' "P" word, one I wish I'd never of prayed for strengthening on :{))) and most likely in the worst of places>>>while in prison :{))) The LORD put me into so many positions of having to hurry up, only to then wait for indefinite periods, but I did learn the lesson well, for the most part. For after release and beginning the first phases of development on the ministry, I did step out a couple of times, but the LORD thankfully reined me back in :{))) With the ministry being as complex as it is, I've been thru almost every facet of it at least once and after 12 yr. I'm surely praying it will soon be HIS time, but now, I will sit-do as I'm led too and await HIS full go ahead and nothing else :{)))

      Delete