Friday, May 28, 2010

VCM June newsletter, "Notes from the Vine"

Praise the LORD!!!

    This is coming out a bit early, due to the fact that on the first, I will be moving into a new home. I'll be making the transition from living in a host family's house, to that of an apartment complex. I will also update our mailing address today, because for a while I may not have an internet connection. This will be a bit of a drawback considering that most of the work for the ministry is online at this time, but I'm sure that the LORD will provide the needed funds in HIS timing.

      Over the last month there has been a good deal of progress for the ministry. We've now a newer (05) computer system up and running. This is a donated unit, that was frozen up when given to us, but the LORD blessed us with being able to find the proper programs and knowledge to take care of this problem. Since getting it up and running, more RAM has been added and with the fact that it had a video card, more has been accomplished. We've made some VCM t-shirts, to help get the word out around town. These are mostly worn by myself as I'm out and about town, either while working or out taking care of chores. Even though there were mistakes on numerous ones, like the program not mirroring text, we've used every transfer printed (we'll waste nothing.)

      There has also been reworkings of the website, if you've not noticed, though nothing major at this time. I need to better familiarize myself with the programming methods of the website before I really start to rework it heavily. As some of you may know, this website has been the workings of my hands alone for almost four years and it would be a shame to lose a percentage of the information by preforming the wrong procedure. I could easily lose a page in but one click and you know how long some of these pages are :)))

      There is also going to be another change made. This is to be a return to our focusing on the Christian duties and/of the family unit. Not just that of the incarcerated, but all families. As Christians, we've been given some pretty direct instruction as to our duties in the formation and practices of our families. The LORD laid it upon my heart, just days ago, that as Christians, we've sorely neglected HIS guidelines for the most part. The majority of families in this country, and around the globe, are falling apart due to a falling away from these guidelines. A very large percentage of Christian parents fail to raise their children up in fear of the LORD! Allowing them to function for most of their time in worldly manors and following after GOD only during church activities. Most of us know this is wrong, yet the practice still seems to dominate in our faith. I can hear a bunch of parents now saying, "We raise our children up in the LORD." Yet, many of these very same parents are those that allow their children's lives to be focused on worldly endeavors. Video games, TV and secular music to name but a few. Instead of leading them by example and showing them that as Christians we're to focus and center our attentions upon GOD, family and then others. We need to set forth for them the fact that all the glamor of the world is deceptive and draws one's attention from GOD's true goals for us. I really could go more in depth right now, but I'd be preaching and this isn't the place for that:)))

      There are many other things that will be taking place with the ministry and I'll fill you in on these as led to. For now, these are of most importance. There is also the fact that I've taken on a part time job, working doing apartment turnovers. For you that don't know what this is, it is going in after an apartment is vacated, cleaning up and making any repairs needed, before the next tenants move in. Strange thing about it, I've not even asked what my pay will be! I've a Christian boss and he's told me all aspects of the job and how he'll assist me in every way possible and I guess (:) ), I just forgot to ask. I'm truly not worried though, because I do know that however much it is, will be just what is needed to provide my personal needs and those of the ministry. For truly, our GOD is an awesome GOD and has made this promise and I know HE will provide that which is needed to bring glory to HIS most holy and precious name, JESUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment