Monday, January 18, 2010

Praise the LORD!!!

Praise the LORD!!!
   Today while running my networked sites, well those I use to network, one recurring fact hit me. There are hundreds of Christians out there that are crying out because times are hard and they're suffering. I began thinking on this and the LORD laid upon my heart something I believe many should think about. For forty years the Israelite nation trekked around the desert, constantly grumbling about all that they were suffering. GOD wasn't very pleased then, what do you think HE thinks about this same thing happening today?
   If you've followed me or come across anything I've written, you notice that I always start it by praising GOD. Why, you may ask? It's very simple. I shouldn't even be alive today and if not for my mother's faith in GOD, I wouldn't be. My mother had slipped on the ice while carrying me, yet born, and the doctors recommended that she abort me and save her life. Now this was early 55 before abortion became so prevalent, yet she told them that if it came to a choice of her life or mine, it was to be her's given for mine!
   This though isn't the only occasion where my life came close to ending, if it weren't for the call of GOD upon my life. Numerous car wrecks and accidents of other sources tried to take it. Several came very close, yet I'm still here working for the LORD's glory. As late as 97, when I had a heart attack, where  the doctors had me planned for a very major surgery. One where they were going to stop my heart, remove it and preform 5 major procedures on me, all before replacing it and jump starting me.
   As I see it, each breath I take and every beat of my heart is a blessing from GOD and I acknowledge HIS hand in my life for each and every detail. Right now, I'm sitting in a host families house, working on a donated nine year old computer, with only enough clothes to fill a large backpack to my name. I am still going to praise GOD for it all. No matter how bad my health gets or any other situation in life befalls me, I'll continue to praise the LORD!!!
   Take a go long look around you, listen to the evening news or radio. Do you really think you've truly that much to complain about? Sure, you may be sick, out of work or fearing the lose of your house, but you've a heart beat and you're breathing! How many died in Haiti this last weekend? You could be one of those poor and suffering people, or maybe not suffering, some died quickly.
   Start taking an inventory of all that GOD has blessed you with and then let HIM know exactly how thankful you are that you've been blessed by HIM so abundantly. Even be thankful that right now you're reading this, you've a computer and internet connection, even the ability to read. There are truly many little things that we overlook daily in life, that if it weren't for GOD's blessings upon us, we would not have them. Take stock in all these things and lift your voice in abundant praises to GOD. For HE is the one that truly has given more then we can ever imagine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment